You’ve heard of “Pregnancy Brain” – that foggy, forgetful time that pregnant women experience. The simplest things seem to slip the mind, and you can’t remember like you used to. Unfortunately, that forgetfulness doesn’t completely go away. I’m finding that this is happening less as I grow accustomed to my new life and role. Nonetheless, I’m not immune. Here are 5 of my Mommy Brain Moments:
5. Driving all the way to work and sitting in the parking lot – and realizing that I left my work laptop at home.
4. I have gone out in public and to work at least three times with my clothes inside out.
3. I once stressed out about not being able to find an article of clothing that I was already wearing.
2. I took a “nap” on the couch, which lasted a good couple of hours. Somehow, I made it to my bed during the nap. I woke up, panicking that I had slept the entire 24 hours, into the next evening and had missed work without calling in. I was furiously trying to find my work cell to call my boss before my husband reminded me that it was the weekend.
And my husband’s favorite:
1. I sat in the car for 15 minutes in transit not realizing that I was wearing broken sunglasses. The sunglasses were completely missing a lens on one side . It was a sunny day and I hadn’t noticed the difference. One eye had a lens, the other didn’t. I was basically wearing a strange monocle.
I’m sure there are many more…but I’m claiming “Mom Brain” so I can forget them. 😉💙
Stock photo From stocksnap.io, artist Ben White